Richard R. Gesteland – Global Authority on Negotiating, Managing across Cultures, Cross Cultural Solutions and Cultural Competence.
A dynamic keynote speaker, Richard is also a busy workshop leader, author and executive trainer.
30 Years as an International Executive, 1963 to 1993
Thirty years of hands-on international business experience, including 26 years overseas on eight expatriate management assignments: in Germany twice, Austria, Italy, Brazil, India twice, and Singapore.
His executive positions with two U.S. companies included Regional Director for South and Southeast Asia and Vice President for Europe-Mideast-Africa with Sears Buying Services Inc.
Keynote Speaker, Author and Workshop Leader since 1993
Keynotes and workshops for companies and business schools in Australia, Britain, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, the USA and Venezuela.
Articles on global management and international negotiation in the Asian Wall Street Journal, Chief Executive Asia, Foreign Trade, Purchasing Executives Journal, Singapore Economic Journal, National Development, Trade & Culture, UN International Trade Forum, Export Today, China Online and many others.
Author of the Copenhagen Business School Press best-seller, Cross-Cultural Business Behavior (1996, 1999, 2002, 2005, 2012), cited in the Harvard Business Review of March 2002, with Chinese, Russian, German, Polish, Lithuanian and India editions. Fifth edition released in September 2012.
Co-author of The Global Manager At Work (Systime, Denmark: 2000), Marketing Across Cultures In Asia (Copenhagen Business School Press: 2002), International Marketing, Cultures And Communications (Systime, Denmark: 2002).
Most Popular Keynote Topics, 2004 and 2005
- Negotiating Effectively Across Cultures
- Achieving Intercultural Business Competence
- Cross-Cultural Business Behavior
- Negotiating with Indian Suppliers
- Negotiating with the Chinese
- How to Avoid the Bribery Trap Overseas
Selected Keynote and Seminar Clients (specific references available on request)
- Aalborg White Cement, Denmark
- American Express Travel Services, France
- American Hardware Manufacturers Association
- American Marketing Association, Chicago
- American Productivity and Inventory Control Society
- American Supply and Machinery Manufacturers Association
- AT&T Association of Asian/Pacific-Americans, San Francisco
- Bang & Olufsen, Denmark
- Danfoss, Denmark
- DaimlerChrysler Corporation, Munich and Michigan
- Deutsche Telekom AG, Bonn
- DILF: Danish Importers and Logistics Forum
- ECL: Finnish Logistics Association
- Ericsson, Stockholm
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Washington DC
- Harley-Davidson Co., Milwaukee
- Helikopter Service A/S, Norway
- Mercury Marine, Milwaukee
- MAN B&W Diesel
- Midwest US-Japan Association, Chicago
- National Association of Credit Managers, Wisconsin
- NACP: National Association of Purchasing Managers, Milwaukee
- National Council of Farmers Cooperatives
- National Housewares Manufacturers Association, Chicago
- National Tour Association, Los Angeles
- NIMA: Norwegian Importers Association
- Nokia, Finland – Asia-Pacific Headquarters, Singapore
- Northwest Mutual Insurance, Milwaukee
- Plumrose: Caracas, Venezuela
- Sauer-Danfoss, Denmark and USA
- Siemens AG, Munich
- Sumitomo Trading Corporation, Singapore – ASEAN Headquarters
- Textron, Rockford
- Velux, Denmark
- Worldwide DIY Council, USA